Three vegan snacks I'm loving in my vegan pregnancy
Being mindful and eating foods that feed our growing baby and my body with the best vitamins and minerals is something so important to me. To make sure that I'm giving our baby the best possible start in life but also to make sure I'm looking after myself. My everyday wellness depends on it - my energy levels, my mind and my emotions. So I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite healthy vegan snacks.
I'm 28 weeks pregnant and these are my go to vegan snacks I've been having, the whole family love these too. I'm all about quick and easy food and snacks in my pregnancy, so these are just perfect. I would love to hear what your favourite healthy vegan snacks are as well!
Cacao Bliss Balls
1 cup dates (soaked)
1 cup almond meal
1 cup oats
1 Tbl cacao
1 Tbl rice malt syrup
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1. Soak dates in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Blend oats into a flour.
3. Drain dates and add dates, almond meal, cacao and rice malt syrup and blend until a dough-like texture is formed.
4. Transfer to bowl and roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Then roll in the coconut to coat.
5. Chill in fridge or freezer to harden, and enjoy!
1. Mix 1/4 cup of chia seeds with 1 cup of plant based milk in a jar. Cover and let it sit/soak overnight.
2. Mix in 1 Tbl of sweetener of choice (I used rice malt syrup).
I also added in some of Udo's 3-6-9 Oil blend to get in all the good omegas. http://udoshealthproducts.com.au/udos-products/udos-3-6-9-oil/
Rawnola - I halved Loni Jane's recipe and added almonds - find the recipe here http://www.feelthelean.com/rawnola/
The best almond butter recipe: https://cookieandkate.com/2018/homemade-almond-butter-recipe/